Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
am am is offline

Default "Initializing Folders" while Trying to Save or Open a File

Hello,

Ever since I installed Office 2007 I have this problem.

In any of the apps, including Word, when I go to "save as" or open a file,
when I try to navigate to the proper directory I get a message "Initializing
Folders" and I get a progress bar. This takes a long time and is very
counter productive.

How can I fix this??

Thanks in advance!!

AM
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
frustrated frustrated is offline

I am having the same problem and every time I try to open a word attachment
or just word in general my display resolution changes to 800x600 pixles!! I
have tried to find a solution but so far nothing.

"AM" wrote:

Hello,

Ever since I installed Office 2007 I have this problem.

In any of the apps, including Word, when I go to "save as" or open a file,
when I try to navigate to the proper directory I get a message "Initializing
Folders" and I get a progress bar. This takes a long time and is very
counter productive.

How can I fix this??

Thanks in advance!!

AM

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Assuming you have Windows XP, right-click on the My Computer icon on the
Windows desktop or in the Start menu, left-click on Disconnect Network
Drive, and disconnect any mapped drives that are not currently available.