Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Bud Vitoff Bud Vitoff is offline

Default Word 2002: How to print a multi-screen chart?

This is a re-post because the first time I showed "Word 2000" in the subject
and thought it might turn people away.

I'm using Word 2002 under WinXP Home SP2.

I received an email containing a chart that required both horizontal and
vertical scrolling. I don't know how it was created, but it's definitely not
an Excel spreadsheet. I've managed to print its contents using Print Screen
and copying it into Wordpad for printing, but there's gotta be a better way!

I saved it as a .eml file and copied it into Word, but I've had no luck
getting full printed output. Any help?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Bud Vitoff wrote:
This is a re-post because the first time I showed "Word 2000" in the
subject and thought it might turn people away.

I'm using Word 2002 under WinXP Home SP2.

I received an email containing a chart that required both horizontal
and vertical scrolling. I don't know how it was created, but it's
definitely not an Excel spreadsheet. I've managed to print its
contents using Print Screen and copying it into Wordpad for printing,
but there's gotta be a better way!
I saved it as a .eml file and copied it into Word, but I've had no
luck getting full printed output. Any help?

Word is definitely the wrong tool for this, because it can't display or
print any object that's larger than one page. Maybe another program, such as
Publisher, that can split it over several sheets...?

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Bud Vitoff Bud Vitoff is offline

I found my solution, and it was embarrassingly easy, so I had to pass it
along just to wrap up this thread.
I printed it while I was in Outlook Express, using the following print
preferences:

Basics: Landscape
Effects: Print document on Letter, 8.5 x 11 in., and Scale to Fit.

It was perfect!

"Jay Freedman" wrote in message
Bud Vitoff wrote:
[...]

so all may benefit.