Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Kamonster Kamonster is offline

Default Changing the Margins from 2nd sheet on

Hello there,

I would like to set up a Word template for our staff to use that has
different margins on the 1st sheet than the rest of them. I'd like the
changed margins to actually be attached to the page instead of the text. I'm
using Office 2003. The only way I can see how to do it now is to select the
text of the 1st page, once you are done writing and change the margins
applying to that section only. I'd like the different margins to be already
present when they open the template. Can anyone tell me how to do this?

Thank you,
Katy
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Fri, 15 Feb 2008 14:39:03 -0800, Kamonster
wrote:

Hello there,

I would like to set up a Word template for our staff to use that has
different margins on the 1st sheet than the rest of them. I'd like the
changed margins to actually be attached to the page instead of the text. I'm
using Office 2003. The only way I can see how to do it now is to select the
text of the 1st page, once you are done writing and change the margins
applying to that section only. I'd like the different margins to be already
present when they open the template. Can anyone tell me how to do this?

Thank you,
Katy

Instead of actually changing the margins, it's easier to fake it by inserting an
unbordered text box on the first page that pushes the text over. Look at
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/Letterhead.htm, especially the section titled
"More complex letterhead", for the technique. The text box may or may not have
anything in it.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman