Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Nigel Molesworth[_2_] Nigel Molesworth[_2_] is offline

Default How to disable overwrite mode?

Does anyone know how to disable overwrite mode?

My friend says she seems to accidentally hit a key (or combination of keys)
with her right hand, and suddenly the mode is OVR.

The Insert key toggle has been disabled, anything else?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Nigel Molesworth[_2_] Nigel Molesworth[_2_] is offline

On Sat, 16 Feb 2008 08:58:16 -0600, "Suzanne S. Barnhill"
wrote:

She can either double-click OVR or press the Insert key once (which is how
she got into overtype mode).

But as I said, the Insert toggle has been disabled.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

wrote:

She can either double-click OVR or press the Insert key once (which is how
she got into overtype mode).

But as I said, the Insert toggle has been disabled.

But disabling the Insert key won't disable double-clicking OVR to toggle
Overtype/Insert mode in the Status bar.

Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Coauthor of Word 2007 Inside Out: