Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
lejla

Default print on checks

print my checks with dates,amounts and to whom
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

I'm kind of busy right now. Is there a reason why you aren't doing it
yourself?

(This is a questionably humorous way of asking you what your question is.)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"lejla" wrote in message
print my checks with dates,amounts and to whom

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Quicken or Microsoft Money is a much more suitable application for this than
Word.

"lejla" wrote in message
print my checks with dates,amounts and to whom

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Eric

I'm not sure if you mean print on your pre-printed checks, or print a
document that can be used as a check. Both are possible.

Print on regular bank checks:

If you want detailed steps, please let me know, and I'll post those.

Essentially, you make a template with fields for a custom size sheet of
paper that is the size of your check. Using a ruler, measure where your field
entries need to be made, and set a text entry field from the Forms toolbar in
each location. Then you can print the check. You can also set your save
options for the template to save only the data from the forms, which you can
import into a Word table or an Excel spreadsheet (or Access database) to make
your register.

If you want to print the entire check, there are special inks available that
accommodate the magnetic OCR coding for the accounts. Talk with you bank
about their requirements for size and design. You can find the kits online or
at Quicken's online store.

Hope this helps,

Eric

print my checks with dates,amounts and to whom

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Eric

Suzanne is right, both those programs are design to print checks, but if you
don't have (or want to get) them, you can do a template work-around. My
experience...get Quicken, it's worth it.

Eric