Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Peter Peter is offline

Default Unable to open Word Document by double click ?

I am new to Office 2003. I find that when I double click a Word document,
only Word 2003 is opened but not the document.

On the other hand, for Excel 2003 and PowerPoint 2003, both application and
Excel / PowerPoint documents are opened.

Is there any advice ?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Sat, 26 May 2007 15:34:41 +1000, "Peter"
wrote:

I am new to Office 2003. I find that when I double click a Word document,
only Word 2003 is opened but not the document.

On the other hand, for Excel 2003 and PowerPoint 2003, both application and
Excel / PowerPoint documents are opened.

Is there any advice ?

Thanks

Try re-registering Word. Click the Start menu, click Run, and enter

winword /r

and click OK.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Peter Peter is offline

Dear Jay,

Thank you for your advice.

I have reregistered Word 2003 but still get the same problem. I have
selected a Word document, click the right hand button and select Open. Only
Word 2003 is invoked but not the document.

Thanks
wrote:

I am new to Office 2003. I find that when I double click a Word document,
only Word 2003 is opened but not the document.

On the other hand, for Excel 2003 and PowerPoint 2003, both application
and
Excel / PowerPoint documents are opened.

Is there any advice ?

Thanks

Try re-registering Word. Click the Start menu, click Run, and enter

winword /r

and click OK.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
newsgroup so all may benefit.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

The next step is to disable any add-ins that could be interfering with
Word, to see if the problem stops. See
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErr...ngWord.htm#NAV and
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Custom...sInstalled.htm
for instructions.

If the problem does stop, then you can put back the add-ins one at a
time. If at some point the problem resumes, then the last add-in you
restored was the cause, and you can permanently disable it.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
newsgroup so all may benefit.

On Sun, 27 May 2007 16:51:50 +1000, "Peter"
wrote:

Dear Jay,

Thank you for your advice.

I have reregistered Word 2003 but still get the same problem. I have
selected a Word document, click the right hand button and select Open. Only
Word 2003 is invoked but not the document.

Thanks
.. .
wrote:

I am new to Office 2003. I find that when I double click a Word document,
only Word 2003 is opened but not the document.

On the other hand, for Excel 2003 and PowerPoint 2003, both application
and
Excel / PowerPoint documents are opened.

Is there any advice ?

Thanks

Try re-registering Word. Click the Start menu, click Run, and enter

winword /r

and click OK.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
newsgroup so all may benefit.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Peter Peter is offline

Dear Jay,

Many thanks for your advice. I have turned off Norton Antivirus Office
Option and it works properly.

Regards,
Peter

wrote:

Dear Jay,

Thank you for your advice.

I have reregistered Word 2003 but still get the same problem. I have
selected a Word document, click the right hand button and select Open.
Only
Word 2003 is invoked but not the document.

Thanks
. ..