Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Karen Karen is offline

Default format a booklet, 1 pg = 1/4 of 8 1/2"X11" pg, 3596 words

I am wanting to format a booklet, using8 1/2" X 11" page, portriate, with one
page in top quarter of page and another page on the other top quarter of the
page. I am working in either Word or Publisher Microsoft Office 2007
Professional. I just can't figure out the margins, and very wierd things
happen. have managed to get it formatted half the size I need, but I cannot
fix it. The document contains 3,596 words.
Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you, Karen
--
In each of us there is a little of all of us.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Mary Sauer Mary Sauer is offline

If you use Publisher...

Do you have a duplex unit?

Page setup, booklet, type 4.25 width, 5.5 height. Publisher will say it will
print two copies per sheet. If you only want one copy per sheet, you will have
to cut your stock first and create a custom print size in print setup.

Create a text box on the first page you want the booklet to start, copy the text
from Word, paste it in the text box, Publisher will create pages and text boxes
automatically.

There is a tutorial here that will help you figure out your printer's margin
limitations.
http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/horidiag

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP