Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Velcro Velcro is offline

Default Inserted photos are not visible unless in Print Preview w MS Word

Can anyone tell me how to make my inserted photos visible w/o having to use
Print Preview all the time. The photo frame is visible but the frame is
empty. I would like to format the photo and enter a caption below it if I
could see the photo.
--
RM
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

Could be more specific if you'd bothered to mention which version of Word
you're using, but you need to get into the Word Options for that version,
locate the View option for Picture Placeholders & clear the check.

Regards |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 10/25/07 1:05 AM, in article
, "Velcro"
wrote:

Can anyone tell me how to make my inserted photos visible w/o having to use
Print Preview all the time. The photo frame is visible but the frame is
empty. I would like to format the photo and enter a caption below it if I
could see the photo.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

"Velcro" wrote:

--
RM

wrote:

Can anyone tell me how to make my inserted photos visible w/o having to use
Print Preview all the time. The photo frame is visible but the frame is
empty. I would like to format the photo and enter a caption below it if I
could see the photo.

I am using WORD 2007. I should think questions of WORD 2000 would have been answered by now. I have scrutinized the Word Options and can find nothing about making inserted photos visible. I have been using WORD for 10 years and this newest version is a real challenge. I'm also trying to FORMAT my photos in addition to making them visible. I have taken WORD out of COMPATIBILITY mode to make sure there is no conflict there. What's more disconcerting is the HELP reference to the FORMAT tab. I do not see a FORMAT tab for my WORD program. I show 8 Tabs: HOME; INSERT; PAGE LAYOUT;REF; MAILINGS; REVIEW; VIEW; DEVELOPER. What am I missing here?

Okay, I see the FORMAT Tab but only after highlighting the picture frame
box. Despite formatting the picture in line with text etc., it still behaves
"squirrely" and the picture jumps all over the page. I'll have to work with
it some more.