Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Lubomir Soukup

Default HTML - Word

Does Word accept CSS when HTML source has to be saved as *.doc?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Bob Buckland ?:-\)

Hi Lubomir,

Can you be a bit more specific on the version of Word you're using and what you're trying to accomplish?

You can apply CSS to a document opened in Word and the formatting changes you see will be saved with the .DOC file, although they
may not retain identity as CSS but rather be considered Word styles (open the Styles task pane after applying CSS).

======
--
Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Lubomir Soukup

Thank you, Bob, for your answer.

Can you be a bit more specific on the version of Word you're using

I use Word2003 (Windows XP).

and what you're trying to accomplish?

I try to convert HTML document with inlined images into Word. Position of
each image on line is specified by CSS style.
STYLE type="text/css"
IMG.underbase35 { vertical-align: -90% }
/STYLE
IMG class="underbase35"
WIDTH="55" HEIGHT="35" ALIGN="BOTTOM" BORDER="0"
SRC="img8.png"

You can apply CSS to a document opened in Word and the formatting changes you see will be saved with the .DOC file, although they
may not retain identity as CSS but rather be considered Word styles (open the Styles task pane after applying CSS).

I have applied CSS to my document, but after saving it as .DOC file the
formatting of images was lost. I will try to play a bit with the Styles task
pane. Thanks.

Regards
Lubomir Soukup