Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
SemperFi2146 SemperFi2146 is offline

Default How do I tab directly to a specific spot in a sentence?

I work in a call center, and have to use specific remarks, which require
editing for things such as a customer's name, a date or an explanation of
what's being done. It is time consuming to highlight the generic text, then
write over it. This may sound fickle or lazy, but when it's done 50 times a
day, and time is off the essence, a few seconds matter a lot. Any help would
be greatly appreciated. I tried creating a form, but this requires protecting
the form, which means it can't be copied and pasted, also a requirement.

Example: (customer) called about (issue). Issued credit for $(X) using
adjustment code (X) for invoice (date).

It would be marvelous to hit tab to go to 'customer' then again to 'issue'
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Summer Summer is offline

One simple way with Word 2000-2003 and even easier if you use a 2 column
table:
Caller: Formfield
Tel: Formfield

Right click on Menu and select Forms - first option is a text form field
insert at point you want to start typing text and so on.

Save document. Then use F11 to move through each text formfield.

Hope this helps.

"SemperFi2146" wrote in message
I work in a call center, and have to use specific remarks, which require
editing for things such as a customer's name, a date or an explanation of
what's being done. It is time consuming to highlight the generic text,
then
write over it. This may sound fickle or lazy, but when it's done 50 times
day, and time is off the essence, a few seconds matter a lot. Any help
would
be greatly appreciated. I tried creating a form, but this requires
protecting
the form, which means it can't be copied and pasted, also a requirement.

Example: (customer) called about (issue). Issued credit for $(X) using
adjustment code (X) for invoice (date).

It would be marvelous to hit tab to go to 'customer' then again to 'issue'

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If the form is protected, you use Tab to get from one formfield to the next.
You can use F11 for MacroButton NoMacro fields, which I find more convenient
because they don't require that the document be protected; see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFm...acroButton.htm