Dorna Tucker

Default Track/Changes need to show deletions with strikethrough

I'm using Word 2002, when using Track/Changes, how can I get my deleted text
to view on the screen and when printed with strikethrough. The deleted text
only shows color red. This is ok for the screen, however, when printed to a
laserjet, having the color red does not show the deleted text.
Margaret Aldis

The Word 2002 track changes options dialog doesn't give you proper control
on the way deletions are shown, but you can still do it using VBA:

Options.DeletedTextMark = wdDeletedTextMarkStrikeThrough

You can enter this in the Visual basic immediate window (Alt - F11,
Ctrl -G). You only need to run it once.

--
Margaret Aldis - Microsoft Word MVP

"Dorna Tucker" wrote in message
I'm using Word 2002, when using Track/Changes, how can I get my deleted

text
to view on the screen and when printed with strikethrough. The deleted

text
only shows color red. This is ok for the screen, however, when printed to

laserjet, having the color red does not show the deleted text.

Dorna Tucker

Thank you this worked. I can now see the strikethrough.
Also when you said "...run it once." When I click on the Run button, I had
to create a quick macro and copied the statement into the macro. Was this
the proper way to do? I was looking for it to Run right from the Immediate
window.

"Margaret Aldis" wrote:

The Word 2002 track changes options dialog doesn't give you proper control
on the way deletions are shown, but you can still do it using VBA:

Options.DeletedTextMark = wdDeletedTextMarkStrikeThrough

You can enter this in the Visual basic immediate window (Alt - F11,
Ctrl -G). You only need to run it once.

--
Margaret Aldis - Microsoft Word MVP

"Dorna Tucker" wrote in message
I'm using Word 2002, when using Track/Changes, how can I get my deleted

text
to view on the screen and when printed with strikethrough. The deleted

text
only shows color red. This is ok for the screen, however, when printed to

laserjet, having the color red does not show the deleted text.

Margaret Aldis

Glad it helped :-)

You can run the line from the Immediate window (paste the line in and press
Enter to execute it) but pasting into a macro shell is fine too, and handy
if you want to store and reuse several different formatting options.

--
Margaret Aldis - Microsoft Word MVP

news