Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
sheilak sheilak is offline

Default how do I print just the LIST of 75 documents I have in a folder?

I have written 75 letters and they are in a Folder. I want to print out, not
each full letter, but just the page in the folder that lists all the letters
so I can show someone --just the names and desriptions and dates of all the
letters, not what is in each letter. I want to end up with just the one
printed page of the contents of the Folder.
Is that possible to do?

I am using Microsoft Office 2003 for a PC.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lene Fredborg Lene Fredborg is offline

If the file names of the documents hold the information you need, you will
find a macro the does what you want he
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/InsertFileNames.htm

When you want to create the list, first create a new document and make sure
it is the active document. Then run the macro. The macro first opens a €śCopy€ť
dialog box in which you must select the folder that holds the documents. The
file names from the selected folder will then be inserted at the end of the
active document.

If you need help on installing a macro, see:

Regards
Lene Fredborg
DocTools - Denmark
www.thedoctools.com

"sheilak" wrote:

I have written 75 letters and they are in a Folder. I want to print out, not
each full letter, but just the page in the folder that lists all the letters
so I can show someone --just the names and desriptions and dates of all the
letters, not what is in each letter. I want to end up with just the one
printed page of the contents of the Folder.
Is that possible to do?

I am using Microsoft Office 2003 for a PC.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Don Don is offline

?B?c2hlaWxhaw==?= wrote in
:

I have written 75 letters and they are in a Folder. I want to print
out, not each full letter, but just the page in the folder that lists
all the letters so I can show someone --just the names and desriptions
and dates of all the letters, not what is in each letter. I want to
end up with just the one printed page of the contents of the Folder.
Is that possible to do?

I am using Microsoft Office 2003 for a PC.

Open the Command Prompt and naviagte to that folder and do "DIR".
Should you desire a Print? DIR PRN
To copy and paste the text?
At the top of the Command Prompt box,
right click and select EDIT,
then, select ALL,
Then right click and select copy,
Past into what ever software you desire.

There are many freeware utilities that do this as well, two of which are
named:
"PrintFolders"
"Directory Printer"
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
StevenM[_2_] StevenM[_2_] is offline

"sheilak" wrote: ... just the names and desriptions and dates of all the
letters, not what is in each letter ...

Where is that information located? Is is part of the title of the file? Or
is it inside the document?

-Steven Craig Miller
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

I found that an Excel add-in has this capability. That's just frosting
flowers on the cake too. If you are want to try it, check out ASAP
Utilities, http://www.asap-utilities.com/. (It's made several of my Excel
tasks much easier.)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"sheilak" wrote in message
I have written 75 letters and they are in a Folder. I want to print out,
not
each full letter, but just the page in the folder that lists all the
letters
so I can show someone --just the names and desriptions and dates of all
the
letters, not what is in each letter. I want to end up with just the one
printed page of the contents of the Folder.
Is that possible to do?

I am using Microsoft Office 2003 for a PC.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

The printfolders utility you can download from my web site will do this. The
amount of data printed is user configurable.