Sabaka

Default Insert>Symbol>Special

This question relates to Word 2000. When I select InsertSymbol, then select
the Special Characters tab, and finally highlight one of the shown special
characters (e.g., the section or copyright symbol) and click insert, I have a
problem. The highlighted special character is not inserted. Instead, a
space is inserted. Or sometimes, the highlighted symbol from Symbols tab
(B) is
inserted. The problem just started today. In the past, the function worked
fine. Any ideas?

--
Sabaka

Can you get a specific special character if you use the specified keyboard
shortcut?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Have you tried rebooting Windows?

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Sabaka" wrote in message
This question relates to Word 2000. When I select InsertSymbol, then

select
the Special Characters tab, and finally highlight one of the shown

special
characters (e.g., the section or copyright symbol) and click insert, I

have a
problem. The highlighted special character is not inserted. Instead,

space is inserted. Or sometimes, the highlighted symbol from Symbols

tab
(B) is
inserted. The problem just started today. In the past, the function

worked
fine. Any ideas?

--
Sabaka

Sabaka

If I type Alt+Ctrl+C, I get the copyright symbol. If I type Alt+Ctrl+T, I
get the trademark symbol. After playing around with this a bit, I now get
these symbols underlined by three dots. For example, I now get an elipse
underlined by an elipse. And I get a copyright symbol in a smaller font
underlined with three dots. This is a little weird.
--
Sabaka

"Sabaka" wrote in message
This question relates to Word 2000. When I select InsertSymbol, then
select
the Special Characters tab, and finally highlight one of the shown

special
characters (e.g., the section or copyright symbol) and click insert, I
have a
problem. The highlighted special character is not inserted. Instead,

space is inserted. Or sometimes, the highlighted symbol from Symbols

tab
(B) is
inserted. The problem just started today. In the past, the function
worked
fine. Any ideas?

--
Sabaka

The dots under your characters indicate that they are being inserted as
Hidden text. Select the inserted symbols and press Ctrl+Spacebar. If that
doesn't "unhide" them, then the default paragraph font in that document (or
at least at the insertion point) has become formatted as Hidden. My guess is
that when you clicked to insert them, they were inserted, but you didn't see
them because you didn't have nonprinting characters displayed (Show/Hide ΒΆ).