Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Bobbi Bobbi is offline

Default street names underlined

Word places a line of tiny red dots unde all street names in my documents.
Can I make it stop that? It doesn't flag those names when I do a spellcheck.

Bobbi

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

The underlines indicate text that was recognized by "Smart Tags".
There are various kinds of Smart Tags that recognize addresses, stock
abbreviations, and so forth.

When you pause the mouse pointer over recognized text, you'll see a
little box containing an i-in-circle icon. Click that to see the
things you can do -- for example, display a map of the address in your
browser.

If you just want to get rid of them, go to Tools AutoCorrect
Options Smart Tags and uncheck the box "Label text with Smart Tags".

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Mon, 5 Feb 2007 13:48:01 -0800, "Bobbi"
wrote:

Word places a line of tiny red dots unde all street names in my documents.
Can I make it stop that? It doesn't flag those names when I do a spellcheck.

Bobbi

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Bobbi Bobbi is offline

Default street names underlined- THANK YOU!

Thank you, Suzanne and Jay, for eliminating yet another of these minor
irritations which really bug me!
Microsoft MVPs are terrific! You people have solved many problems for me
over 8 years.

Bobbi

Underlined Text, UnderlinedTabs, and "pseudo" form docs hans Page Layout 1 January 5th 07 09:31 AM
Style Names Ridge Kennedy New Users 8 April 7th 06 07:37 PM
Word merge field names vs. Excel merge field names [email protected] Mailmerge 5 November 11th 05 06:24 PM
How to creat relative and shorthand file path names? 2dogs Microsoft Word Help 1 May 15th 05 12:11 PM
Add contacts to "Select Names" list Old Shrimp Microsoft Word Help 1 April 30th 05 01:29 AM