Kurt Ullman

Default page numbers don't print

And also when I see them in the manscript itself they are grey, as
if they have been turned off.

--
Army Liason to the Office of Naval Contemplation
Daiya Mitchell

They are grey in Word's Print Layout view because they are part of the
header/footer, and that always shows up dimmed. I'm guessing that your
header/footer is somehow set outside the printable margins of the page.

Do they show up in Print Preview?

On 4/28/05 1:20 PM, "Kurt Ullman" wrote:

And also when I see them in the manscript itself they are grey, as
if they have been turned off.

--
Army Liason to the Office of Naval Contemplation

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/

Kurt Ullman

In article , Daiya
Mitchell wrote:
They are grey in Word's Print Layout view because they are part of the
header/footer, and that always shows up dimmed. I'm guessing that your
header/footer is somehow set outside the printable margins of the page.

Do they show up in Print Preview?

Nope. And the numbers are in the area below the rule on the side of
the page. It would seem that it is outside the margins. How do I
change that? Is there a way to change it on default template so I
don't have to remember to make it every time I start a new document?

--
Army Liason to the Office of Naval Contemplation
Daiya Mitchell

They are grey in Word's Print Layout view because they are part of the
header/footer, and that always shows up dimmed. I'm guessing that your
header/footer is somehow set outside the printable margins of the page.

Do they show up in Print Preview?

Nope. And the numbers are in the area below the rule on the side of
the page. It would seem that it is outside the margins. How do I
change that? Is there a way to change it on default template so I
don't have to remember to make it every time I start a new document?

Okay. The Normal.dot template provides the settings for new blank documents,
so see here, I think:
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...alTemplate.htm

You can also generate a fresh Normal template, for which instructions are
he
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...ocNotBlank.htm

DM

Kurt Ullman

In article , Daiya
Mitchell wrote:
[...]

Thanks, I'll check it out.

Army Liason to the Office of Naval Contemplation