Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JP JP is offline

Default Print preview magnifier

Word 2007 question...

When I click on print preview, the magnifier tool is checked. Is there a
way to change the default so the magnifier is unchecked?

Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

The default cannot be changed via option settings. However, you could use a
macro to invoke print preview, and have the macro toggle the magnifier off:

Sub PrintPreviewNoMag()

ActiveDocument.PrintPreview
' ActiveWindow.ActivePane.View.Zoom.Percentage = 75
WordBasic.Magnifier

End Sub

Note that the commented-out line (') optionally could set the zoom
percentage to 75% (or some other size) if you remove the quote mark (I
personally find the default zoom to be rather useless for my purposes).

HTH...

--

Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible