Paul, BIW Tech

Default How to change RevNum back to 0 presently 8.

I have created a document and need to start keeping track of the revisions.
I put the field RevNum in and it starts at 8. I need it to start at 0
(zero). Is there any way that I can to this?
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?UGF1bCwgQklXIFRlY2g=?=,

I have created a document and need to start keeping track of the revisions.
I put the field RevNum in and it starts at 8. I need it to start at 0
(zero). Is there any way that I can to this?

Version of Word?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Paul

Sorry, I missed that. Word 2003

"Cindy M -WordMVP-" wrote:

Hi ?B?UGF1bCwgQklXIFRlY2g=?=,

I have created a document and need to start keeping track of the revisions.
I put the field RevNum in and it starts at 8. I need it to start at 0
(zero). Is there any way that I can to this?

Version of Word?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?UGF1bA==?=,

Sorry, I missed that. Word 2003

I have created a document and need to start keeping track of the revisions.
I put the field RevNum in and it starts at 8. I need it to start at 0
(zero). Is there any way that I can to this?

Save the file as XML. go to Tools/Options/General and activate "Confirm Conversions
on open". Now open the file, and when it prompts you for the file format, choose
"plain text". Look for the Revision number property (it may take some time and
patience!), and you can change it. It will look something like this
RevNumber8/RevNumber. You change what's between and

Save, close and re-open (this time as an XML document) and you should be able to
resave as a Word Document.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

This reply is posted in the Newsgroup; please post any follow question or reply in
the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)