edgwriter

Default The wrong file got saved over my text; how can I recover original

I'm 50 pages into my novel, or was yesterday. Somehow my outline document
got saved over my text document, so when I open my novel, all that's there is
an outline! There has to be a way to recover my old text from yesterday
afternoon, even though new text was saved over it last night. Can anyone
help?
CyberTaz

If you did, in fact, save a different file of the same type, with the same
name, in the same location, the original cannot be recovered. You would have
been warned with a prompt as to whether you wanted to do this, so if you
responded with a 'Yes' or 'OK', you passed up your last chance to avoid the
replacement.

OTOH- Is it possible that you simply switched to Outline View in the
original doc? If so, go to ViewPrint Layout or ViewNormal to switch back
to one of those viewing modes.

Good Luck |:)

On 11/6/05 10:29 AM, in article
, "edgwriter"