Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Berkbuns

Default A figure doesn't appear in the Cross-reference dialog box

I wanted to make a cross-reference to a figure in my Word 2000 document, but
it didn't show up is the cross-reference list after I selected "Figure". Is
there some way to force Word to put the figure in the dialog box? This has
also happened to me with Word 2003.
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Berkbuns

I feel pretty silly - I forgot that I had to have at least some sort of field
code in the figure title. I made my own style called "caption figure"
because I don't like the insert caption feature, but I hadn't added the field
codes for numbering the figures. Duh. Sorry to take your time, but thank
you, very much, for jogging my memory!