Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
zxcv zxcv is offline

Default cross ref question

Hi,
I'm trying to set up a cross-reference in such a way that if I decide to
change the description of the object that is being cross-referenced at some
future point, then the name of the cross-references will change
*automatically* to reflect this change so that I don't have to search around
the document for all the cross references and change them manually (a
nightmare!).
For example, if I call a cross-referenced object "DA", and then at some
future time decide to change the name to "DL", I want all the names of the
cross references to that object to change from DA to DL automatically. I've
been playing around with fields, bookmarks, and captions for longer than I
care to admit, and I just can't get it right.
Any help would be much appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
zxcv zxcv is offline

Nevermind! I just found the answer on Lene Fredborg's Doctools website.
Thanks Lene for a great (and free!) tutorial video.