Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
VPsoccer VPsoccer is offline

Default Space in between Footnotes

I have a space tha I cant delete.
If I have no footnotes on the page, I get a separator and a blank line.
If I have a f-note, then I get a blank line before the note is listed.

I have looked atthe formatting of the footnotes, and the separator, but I
cannot find a reason why this is there.

One clue is that in the Normal-Footnotes view, where the notes are all in
the footnote pane at the bottom, there is still this blank ine between the
previous f-note (prev. page) and the new one.

Any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
VPsoccer VPsoccer is offline

Not that I can see with the separator.
I don't know where I would find an empty paragraph.
(There is a paragraph symbol, but I am not allowed to delete it.) "This is
not a valid action for footnotes."

And it is only on this page and not any others with f-notes.

"VPsoccer" wrote in message
I have a space tha I cant delete.
If I have no footnotes on the page, I get a separator and a blank line.
If I have a f-note, then I get a blank line before the note is listed.

I have looked atthe formatting of the footnotes, and the separator, but I
cannot find a reason why this is there.

One clue is that in the Normal-Footnotes view, where the notes are all in
the footnote pane at the bottom, there is still this blank ine between the
previous f-note (prev. page) and the new one.

Any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Okay, this is a single page that is showing, as it were, a phantom footnote?
Switch to Normal view and View | Footnotes. This will allow you to see all
the footnotes together. Find the "empty" one, and try using Backspace in the
empty paragraph or Delete at the end of the previous footnote. This will
usually work.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Are you sure the separator doesn't include any Space After or an empty
paragraph?

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"VPsoccer" wrote in message
I have a space tha I cant delete.
If I have no footnotes on the page, I get a separator and a blank

line.
If I have a f-note, then I get a blank line before the note is listed.

I have looked atthe formatting of the footnotes, and the separator,

but I
cannot find a reason why this is there.

One clue is that in the Normal-Footnotes view, where the notes are all

in
the footnote pane at the bottom, there is still this blank ine between

the
previous f-note (prev. page) and the new one.

Any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Also note that you can try to use a macro to get rid of "phantom" footnotes.
Place the insertion point in the footnote. Then run the following:

Selection.Footnotes(1).Delete

To run this command, first press Alt+F11. In the Visual Basic Editor,
display the Immediate window (for example by pressing Ctrl+G). Type the
command as shown above, and then press Enter.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Send the doc to my email, and I'll take a look.

so
all may benefit.

"VPsoccer" wrote in message
Not that I can see with the separator.
I don't know where I would find an empty paragraph.
(There is a paragraph symbol, but I am not allowed to delete it.)

"This
is
not a valid action for footnotes."

And it is only on this page and not any others with f-notes.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
VPsoccer VPsoccer is offline

Hey!
Stefan!

This worked in my phantom footnote. Thank you.
How can I prevent this kind of ghost from haunting my documents?

(Suzanne if you still want to see it, for future reference, I can send you
the doc.)

GaryJ

--
The Archive for the France Stays in the War project: France Fights On!
http://www.francefightson.org