Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Prof. JR[_2_] Prof. JR[_2_] is offline

Default How do I change default formatting for footnotes/endnotes in Word

I've been looking for a simple way to change the (inadequate and for my field
incorrect) default formatting for footnotes and endnotes in Word 2007. The
footnote/endnote section on the "Reference" tab that appears on the Ribbon
gives no way to change formatting such as font size and indentation, even on
the €śFootnote and Endnote€ť box that appears when you click the arrow in the
lower right corner. (This seems to me the sensible spot for being able to
permanently change footnote/endnote formatting.)

Each individual note can, of course, be re-formatted, but I would like to
change setting for all notes so that the style matches my discipline. Ive
searched through the €śHelp€ť feature of Word 2007, and through the Microsoft
online resources, but cant find an answer to what seems a relatively simple
matter.

Thanks in advance for whatever help I can get.