Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Arlene Arlene is offline

Default Copy/paste excluding header from Word 2003 to Word 2007

I'm trying to copy and paste documents with headers from Word 2003 to Word
2007 but since the default margins have changed from 1.25 inches to 1 inch
and the default font has changed from TNR to Calibr, the headers come in with
the wrong font and the wrong preset tabs in 2007. Is there a way to
copy/paste the body only and leave the headers and/or footers out or have
them paste into Word 2007 with the defautl fonts and tabs? Thanks in advance.

Arlene
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

The easiest solution would be the following: Instead of pasting *from*
the Word 2003 document, paste *into* it. That way, you'll get the
desired formatting.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Arlene" wrote in message
I'm trying to copy and paste documents with headers from Word 2003

to Word
2007 but since the default margins have changed from 1.25 inches to

1 inch
and the default font has changed from TNR to Calibr, the headers

come in with
the wrong font and the wrong preset tabs in 2007. Is there a way to
copy/paste the body only and leave the headers and/or footers out or

have
them paste into Word 2007 with the defautl fonts and tabs? Thanks in

advance.

Arlene

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Arlene Arlene is offline

Not sure what you mean? In Word 2003, I select all text, open a blank Word
2007 window and paste.

"Arlene" wrote in message
I'm trying to copy and paste documents with headers from Word 2003

to Word
2007 but since the default margins have changed from 1.25 inches to

1 inch
and the default font has changed from TNR to Calibr, the headers

come in with
the wrong font and the wrong preset tabs in 2007. Is there a way to
copy/paste the body only and leave the headers and/or footers out or

have
them paste into Word 2007 with the defautl fonts and tabs? Thanks in

advance.

Arlene

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

I assumed that you wanted to add the contents of a Word 2003 document
to a Word 2007 document. Obviously, this operation can be reversed:
you could paste the contents of the Word 2007 document into the Word
2003 document. Then you would get the desired formatting (at least if
styles have been used consistently). Now that I realize this is not
what you are doing, I don't understand why you are pasting at all. Why
can't you just *open* the Word 2003 document in Word 2007?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP