Cindy M -WordMVP-

Default Leading spaces in Mail Merge field not printing

Hi ?B?S3VydCBNb25yb2U=?=,

I am using an Excel spreadsheet as my data source.

My problem - if the Excel cell has leading spaces in it (spaces on the
left), they do not carry over to the merge field in the Word document.

This is standard, and by design. The only data source where leading and
trailing spaces are NOT stripped out is if the data is in a Word table.
You could copy/paste the Excel data into Word, as long as there aren't
more than 63 columns.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org