VincE

Default Problem with mailmerge from with a rtf datasource, from access vba

Hi !

I got a little problem :

In an access vba program, I send the result of a query to a rtf file.
Then, I launch a .doc file that has to merge with the rtf file.
The problem is that when I do so, I can't click on the mailmerge commands in
the tool box, they are greyed.
Even weirder, when I open the file manually (from the explorer), no problem
at all, I have all the command I need.

Thanks,
Vincent
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?VmluY0U=?=,

In an access vba program, I send the result of a query to a rtf file.
Then, I launch a .doc file that has to merge with the rtf file.
The problem is that when I do so, I can't click on the mailmerge commands in
the tool box, they are greyed.
Even weirder, when I open the file manually (from the explorer), no problem
at all, I have all the command I need.

I'm not clear on everything you have...

1. Which version of Word and of Access are we discussing?

2. Is the Access VBA program also automating Word (that's not clear from your
message)?

3. If yes, please show us the code that deals with Word.

4. Can you be more specific about what you mean by "the tool box", where you
aren't able to click on the mail merge commands? Are you talking about
Tools/Mail merge, the mail merge toolbar, or something else?

From the sound of it, I'm guessing the VBA code you're using to initialize Word
and the document needs a small tweak or two...

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)