marymarsh

Default Why does the number format change in a mail merge doc?

Since upgrading to Word 2003 my mail merge documents (database in excel 2003)
return a result without number separators (commas) even though they show in
the spreadsheet and appeared in merge results before the upgrade. Can anyone
help?
Anne Troy

See:
http://www.officearticles.com/word/m...osoft_word.htm

You'll want something like the one we show for "invoice", though perhaps
without the dollar sign.

The data connection method changed in newer versions. It sucks now.
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com
www.MyExpertsOnline.com

"marymarsh" wrote in message
Since upgrading to Word 2003 my mail merge documents (database in excel

2003)
return a result without number separators (commas) even though they show

in
the spreadsheet and appeared in merge results before the upgrade. Can

anyone
help?

Doug Robbins

See "Formatting Word fields with switches" on fellow MVP Graham Mayor's
website at

Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP