Auto Dates

Old April 29th 05, 02:56 PM
Kim

Default Auto Dates

I have a co-worker who has an unusual problem whenever she types in a date in
text form, such as July 1, 2005, the current date is automatically added
after, so that it looks like July 1, 2005 4/29/05. This seems to happen with
any new document. She has never created a macro and I compared all of her
Tools Options features, as well as her autotext/autocorrect entries and
nothing new has been added that I can see. What could be causing this?
Old April 29th 05, 03:50 PM

This is a problem on some systems and comes from AutoComplete. The only
workaround is to press ESC or the spacebar when you get the AutoComplete
tip, before pressing Enter or Tab. The only alternative is to disable
AutoComplete entirely.

Old April 29th 05, 04:24 PM
Kim

The odd thing is it didn't use to do this on this same system. Only recently
it has been happening.
Thanks.

Old April 29th 05, 06:05 PM

It's one of those bizarre things that I have been blessedly immune to. It
seems to affect UK users more often, but usually the date format they see is
YYYY-MM-DD, in accordance with an ISO date standard. You could tell the user
to check what date format is selected as the default in Insert | Date and
Time and also in Control Panel | Regional Options.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

This is a problem on some systems and comes from AutoComplete. The only
workaround is to press ESC or the spacebar when you get the AutoComplete
tip, before pressing Enter or Tab. The only alternative is to disable
AutoComplete entirely.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.