Need to print tracked changes in left margin

Old December 17th 04, 02:47 AM
R. Canton via OfficeKB.com

Default Need to print tracked changes in left margin

I was wondering if there is a way to print your tracked changes (balloon comments, insert text, etc.) in the left margin of a page printed in portrait. I can format the balloons to where they're displayed in the left margin--they show up in the left even in the print preview window, but when the actual page is printed they always show up on the right side.

Thanks for any help!
Richard

Old December 17th 04, 03:47 AM
Herb Tyson [MVP]

What version of Word are you using? In Word 2003, I right-click TRK in the
Status Bar, and choose Options. There, under Balloons, I set Margin to Left.
After doing that, the changes are indeed printed in the left margin.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
http://www.herbtyson.com

Old December 17th 04, 04:16 AM
R. Canton via OfficeKB.com

I'm using 2003. I think there's a glitch. I had gone to the options and set the margins to left--they show up great, but as soon as I print they switch to the right. And I was able to actually get them to print on the left once, but have been unable to do it again.