Edit an organisation chart without re-formatting into VBA color-f.

Old December 21st 04, 10:15 PM
124kerryw

Default Edit an organisation chart without re-formatting into VBA color-f.

I use MS Word (2000, I think), and have recently started experiencing
problems when trying to edit an organisation chart.

When I double-click on the chart, it is automatically re-formatted into
VBA-ColorFormat which makes the vertical connecting lines of the chart jagged
and the boxes can only be edited in the usual text box way. The chart is no
longer an MS organisation chart 2.0.

Can anyone please tell me what this VBA thing is, and how do I edit an
organisation chart in the usual way again?! My work is taking much longer as
a result of this re-formatting.
Old January 5th 05, 10:17 PM
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi =?Utf-8?B?MTI0a2Vycnl3?=,

I use MS Word (2000, I think), and have recently started experiencing
problems when trying to edit an organisation chart.

When I double-click on the chart, it is automatically re-formatted into
VBA-ColorFormat which makes the vertical connecting lines of the chart jagged
and the boxes can only be edited in the usual text box way. The chart is no
longer an MS organisation chart 2.0.

Can anyone please tell me what this VBA thing is, and how do I edit an
organisation chart in the usual way again?! My work is taking much longer as
a result of this re-formatting.

It sounds as if the chart is being converted from an OLE object (something that
really belongs to an application outside of Word) to a picture. This has nothing
to do with VBA, but is usually an indication that Word is unable to find the
application that originally created the object.

If you press Alt+F9 in a document containing a "good" org chart you'll see the
field that maintains the chart in the document. What's the first word (the field
name) of the field?

If you right-click the chart, do you get an "object" entry in the menu with
options to edit or open it?

Have you installed (or updated or re-configured) anti-virus software or any file
/ desktop management stuff since this was last functioning correctly? My guess
would be that something along these lines is interfering. The Norton AV Office
Plug-in, for example, is notorious for these kinds of problems.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)