Inserting pictures from a file

Old December 27th 04, 05:01 AM
Jim'spuzzled

Default Inserting pictures from a file

I try to insert a picture in Word and all I get from the drop down menu at
InsertPicture is a whole list of "Clip Collection" (nothing else is
selectable).
Old December 27th 04, 01:15 PM
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

After selecting Picture from the Insert menu, select the From File item and
navigate to the folder that contains the picture that you want to insert.

--
Please post any further questions or followup to the newsgroups for the
benefit of others who may be interested. Unsolicited questions forwarded

Hope this helps
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Old December 27th 04, 03:20 PM

The proliferation of "Clip Collection" entries is one of the many nasty
tricks of the Microsoft Works Suite Add-in for Word. If you got Word as part
of Works Suite but are running it freestanding (not starting it from the
Works Task Launcher), you should uninstall the add-in (through Control Panel
| Add/Remove Programs). Then start Word, open Tools | Customize, and drag
the Clip Collection entries off the menu.