Creating one document out of multiple documents

Old January 12th 05, 08:25 PM
kamy107

Default Creating one document out of multiple documents

Hello,
I have a series of data sheets in Word (XP - don't know if that makes a
difference), each in it's own document. I would like to create one document
from these 150+ sheets (and this is only the first series!), and wanted to
know if there was a way I could do this without inserting each file into the
document. Can anyone help?? Thanks!
Old January 14th 05, 03:06 PM
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi =?Utf-8?B?a2FteTEwNw==?=,

I have a series of data sheets in Word (XP - don't know if that makes a
difference), each in it's own document. I would like to create one document
from these 150+ sheets (and this is only the first series!), and wanted to
know if there was a way I could do this without inserting each file into the
document.

The only other possbility would be to open, then copy/paste each file.

You could certainly speed up the process using a macro. Put all the files into
one folder, then loop through the contents of the folder, inserting each file
into the target document.

You should find code that shows you how to loop through the files in a folder
at word.mvps.org

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org