mail merge problem - "Word found locked fields during the update..

Old January 8th 05, 05:19 PM
zgaryt

Default mail merge problem - "Word found locked fields during the update..

When I use mail merge to create e-mail from a data source I get the
following message:
MAIL MERGE
Word found locked fields during the update. Word cannot update locked fields.

I then click on "OK" and the message appears again (repeats for the number
of e-mails I am sending). The e-mail does all go into my OUTLOOK Outbox and
then does get sent but I am looking at a way to avoid having to click "OK"
repeatedly.

I am using a table in a seperate WORD file as my data source. My WORD and
OUTLOOK versions are both 2003. Windows XP (Home Version) has had all
updates applied.

Any insight/ideas/suggestions....

Old January 9th 05, 01:04 PM
garfield-n-odie

See http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=292155 "WD2002: Error Message:
Word Found Locked Fields During Update". The article addresses Word
2002, but may also apply to Word 2003.