big t

Default Merging currency fields

Hi everyone,

I am trying to merge a currency field from Excel 2003 into Word 2003. I ahve
the cells in Excel formatted as currency, with the 'USD' currency and
including a comma ',' as the thousands separator.

Trouble is, when I merge this into Word I lose the 'USD' and the thousands
separator and just get the value from the cell.

eg: USD 25,500 in Excel becomes 25500 in Word.

Any ideas as to how I can get solve this one?

TIA,
big t