Vick

Default Make merged field bold if merged field > 3

The following suggestion below did not work because the merged field is
formatted as numeric
and needs to be tested as 3 (or a specific number). The original merged
field appears as

{Mergefield "v1Mean"\# ##0.##}

So I am trying to format the above merged field in bold if the number
(v1Mean) is greater than 3.

Any more help greatly appreciated.

Vick

"Greg Maxey" wrote:

Vick

Try something like:

{ IF { Test } "3"{ Test \* Charformat }{ Test } }

Replace "Test" with your mergefield name and apply bold format to the "T"
immediate to the right of the value 3. Look up Charformat in Word help and
you will get an explanation and other examples.

--
Greg Maxey/Word MVP
A Peer in Peer to Peer Support

Greg

I don't know why it didnt' work. I just tested the following and it
worked fine. Apply bold formatting to the "M" of Mergefield
immediately to the right of the "3"

{ IF { MERGEFIELD V1Mean \# ##0.00 } "3"{ MERGEFIELD V1Mean \# ##0.00
\* Charformat }{ MERGEFIELD V1Mean \# ##0.00 }}