Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
BorisS BorisS is offline

Default forms not working

I am having the following problem with some documents which I have created in
'07 in compatibility mode. When I open in another application, the
pagination seems to be off for some people. I have tried opening on another
one of my computers, which only has Office 2003, and it opens just as it
should. But then when one of my colleagues opens the doc (which, again, was
created in '07), she is having the same problems as some others, who are
opening with 2003 (or earlier...not sure). In other words, I can open on two
computers, in '07 and '03/XP, and have no issues. She and another person are
opening in '07 and some older version (am finding out which, to check), and
they both have same pagination issues. The issue primarily is text flowing
over to extra pages, thus creating the page issues.

any help is greatly appreciated.
--
Boris
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Sun, 6 Apr 2008 14:12:00 -0700, BorisS
wrote:

I am having the following problem with some documents which I have created in
'07 in compatibility mode. When I open in another application, the
pagination seems to be off for some people. I have tried opening on another
one of my computers, which only has Office 2003, and it opens just as it
should. But then when one of my colleagues opens the doc (which, again, was
created in '07), she is having the same problems as some others, who are
opening with 2003 (or earlier...not sure). In other words, I can open on two
computers, in '07 and '03/XP, and have no issues. She and another person are
opening in '07 and some older version (am finding out which, to check), and
they both have same pagination issues. The issue primarily is text flowing
over to extra pages, thus creating the page issues.

any help is greatly appreciated.

If the document is already near filling the last page, then opening the document
on another computer that has a different printer driver can cause that sort of
overflow. It isn't restricted to 07/03 compatibility and can happen in any
version. See http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/TextReflow.htm.

If the two computers have different Windows versions as well as different Office
versions, then it may not be possible to get identical printer drivers for them.
Then the only recourse is to reduce the amount of "stuff" in the form so there
are at least two or three lines of space at the bottom of the last page.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman