Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Lindy Flynn Lindy Flynn is offline

Default Mail merge from Excel missing every 5th record

HELP, this is the second large mail merge we've done, from different DB that
is excluding every 5th record. (Last time it was every 4th record). When we
put the fields into the document - which is 4 postcards to a page, we did it
field by field, and added next record at the end of each address.

Any ideas??

Thanks, Lindy Flynn, Flagstaff Arizona
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

You do not need the Next Record at the end of the fourth address as Word
automatically goes to the next record at the beginning of each sheet. The
normal place for that field is before the first merge field in each label
EXCEPT for the first one on the sheet, but I guess you could say that after
each address is before the first mergefield of the next label

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Lindy Flynn" Lindy wrote in message
HELP, this is the second large mail merge we've done, from different DB
that
is excluding every 5th record. (Last time it was every 4th record). When
we
put the fields into the document - which is 4 postcards to a page, we did
it
field by field, and added next record at the end of each address.

Any ideas??

Thanks, Lindy Flynn, Flagstaff Arizona

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Lindy Flynn[_2_] Lindy Flynn[_2_] is offline

THANK YOU DOUG!!!
That was it, using the next field on the first three cards on the page, and
leaving it off the last worked. Yeah! and Thanks for the info. Lindy