Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Document Name Footer Too Long

Zel wrote:
Hi Robert,

When I noticed the problem with WordTricks, I tried inserting the footer
manually by opening the footer and using the Insert Auto Text Button. When I
discovered the problem also existed there, I decided it apparently was not a
WordTricks issue.

In the past I could get a footer like this:

\\Bms2003svr\Users\WCLIENT\Chapter 11\
CLIENT\Motion to Extend Exclusivity2.doc

but now there is no auto return and it extends all the way across in one
line:

\\Bms2003svr\Users\WCLIENT\Chapter 11\CLIENT\Motion to Extend
Exclusivity2.doc

And did you type this by yourself, or is it a field result?

You need (more positive) right indent in that paragraph for the text to
break earlier, I'd say.

HTH
Robert
--