Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Andrew K Andrew K is offline

Default Microsoft Word 2007

I am trying to put an "X" through a letter or several X's through a series of
letters that form a word. I am aware of the "strikethrough" and "double
strikethrough" options but this is not what I want. I want to cross out a
word using X's.

Can you help me?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Greg Maxey[_2_] Greg Maxey[_2_] is offline

AFAIK there isn't any formating tool that you could use to do this. It is
possible to overstrike one character (word, or phrase) over another. You
would use and EQ field with the overstrike switch.

e.g., { EQ \o(Some words,XXXXXXXXXX) }

You could select text and run this macro:

Sub ScratchMacro()
Dim pStr As String
Dim pX As String
Dim i As Long
pStr = Selection.Text
For i = 1 To Len(pStr)
pX = pX + "X"
Next i
Selection.Fields.Add Selection.Range, wdFieldEmpty, _
"EQ \o(" & pStr & "," & pX & ")", False
End Sub

--
Greg Maxey - Word MVP

My web site http://gregmaxey.mvps.org

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Greg Maxey[_2_] Greg Maxey[_2_] is offline

BTW,

Using an overstrike "X" to mark out text would probably only work (look
right) with non-proportional fonts.

Andrew K wrote:
I am trying to put an "X" through a letter or several X's through a
series of letters that form a word. I am aware of the
"strikethrough" and "double strikethrough" options but this is not
what I want. I want to cross out a word using X's.

Can you help me?

--
Greg Maxey - Word MVP

My web site http://gregmaxey.mvps.org

Microsoft Word 2007 Gordon H. Microsoft Word Help 1 October 10th 08 11:02 PM
Uninstall Word 2007 from Microsoft Office 2007 pak slowmoe40 Microsoft Word Help 1 August 7th 08 07:42 PM
Uninstall Word 2007 from Microsoft Office 2007 slowmoe40 New Users 1 August 7th 08 06:07 PM
Microsoft Word 2007 Chigwig New Users 2 July 21st 07 06:26 PM
Microsoft 2003 and microsoft 2007 jatissa Microsoft Word Help 1 April 15th 07 07:18 PM