Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Helen Helen is offline

Default "Go To Top of Page" or "Go To Next Page"

I am a WordPerfect user who must use Word at work. I'm used to being able to
hit ^Home to go to the top of a document or ^PageUp to go to the top of a
page. This apparently doesn't work in Word.

I'm hopeful there are macros out there to help me set this.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Pam Pam is offline

You can use the following keyboard shortcuts:

CTRL + HOME = Beginning of document
CTRL + END = End of document
CTRL + PG UP = Top of previous page
CTRL + PG DOWN = Top of next page

You can find all sorts of keyboard shortcuts from Help. Click on the box in
the upper right (where it says "Type a question for help).Type: keyboard
shortcuts and ENTER.

Have fun1
"Helen" wrote:

I am a WordPerfect user who must use Word at work. I'm used to being able to
hit ^Home to go to the top of a document or ^PageUp to go to the top of a
page. This apparently doesn't work in Word.

I'm hopeful there are macros out there to help me set this.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Ironically, these shortcuts work in Word provided you don't have the box for
"Navigation keys for WordPerfect users" checked on the General tab of Tools

"Helen" wrote in message
I am a WordPerfect user who must use Word at work. I'm used to being able

hit ^Home to go to the top of a document or ^PageUp to go to the top of a
page. This apparently doesn't work in Word.

I'm hopeful there are macros out there to help me set this.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Helen Helen is offline

Phew! Thought I was going to have to do macros to make this happen! Thanks
to both you and Pam!