Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Helen Helen is offline

Default Insert Clip Art

Occasionally I receive the following msg when trying to insert a clip art
image:

"Word cannot obtain the data for the [document path] link."

I've tried closing Word; I've tried signing off (we're on a network).
Nothing consistently works to make the clip art accessible. But eventually
when I go back to the Insert | Picture | Clip Art and click on the image, it
will open just fine.

Any thoughts?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mary Sauer Mary Sauer is offline

Your temporary cache maybe full. In Internet Explorer, tools, Internet Options,
delete files.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"Helen" wrote in message
Occasionally I receive the following msg when trying to insert a clip art
image:

"Word cannot obtain the data for the [document path] link."

I've tried closing Word; I've tried signing off (we're on a network).
Nothing consistently works to make the clip art accessible. But eventually
when I go back to the Insert | Picture | Clip Art and click on the image, it
will open just fine.

Any thoughts?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mary Sauer Mary Sauer is offline

If it works sometimes it could be your Organizer needs compacting. Open the
Organizer from start, Microsoft Office Tools, when the Organizer opens, tools,
compact. Might do a detect and repair.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"Helen" wrote in message
Occasionally I receive the following msg when trying to insert a clip art
image:

"Word cannot obtain the data for the [document path] link."

I've tried closing Word; I've tried signing off (we're on a network).
Nothing consistently works to make the clip art accessible. But eventually
when I go back to the Insert | Picture | Clip Art and click on the image, it
will open just fine.

Any thoughts?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Paul Ballou Paul Ballou is offline

Is the clipart located on a network server or local Hard Drive?

If the clipart is on a server then the issue lies with the server connection
being interrupted or dropped intermittently and I doubt you will find a
permanent solution to fix the problem because it most likely related to
network traffic, which will vary based on network use by end users and
possibly external sources.

--
Paul Ballou
MVP Office

"Helen" wrote in message
Occasionally I receive the following msg when trying to insert a clip art
image:

"Word cannot obtain the data for the [document path] link."

I've tried closing Word; I've tried signing off (we're on a network).
Nothing consistently works to make the clip art accessible. But
eventually
when I go back to the Insert | Picture | Clip Art and click on the image,
it
will open just fine.

Any thoughts?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Helen Helen is offline

I tried this without success as well. Looks like Paul has it right about the
server issue. I'll talk w/my IT guy next time he's in the office. Thanks
for your help!