Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Danker Schaareman Danker Schaareman is offline

Default Getting rid of the Adobe Toolbar in Word

Dome time ago (long ago) Greg offered a solution to get rid of the Adobe
toolbar. This was an autioexec macro that let another called Zapem close the
Adobe toolbar.

The autoexec looked like this:
Sub AutoExec()
Application.OnTime When:=Now + TimeValue("00:00:03"), Name:="ZapEm"
End Sub

The Zapem macro is as follows:
Sub ZapEm()
Dim i As Long
For i = 1 To Application.CommandBars.Count
If InStr(UCase(Application.CommandBars(i).Name), "PDFMAKER") 0 Then
Application.CommandBars(i).Visible = False
End If
Next i
End Sub

This worked fine until a week ago. I had to reinstall Windows XP and thus
also office 2003 with all its updates. Since then the Zapem macro only works
at Word start up. Once in word and opening a file, the Adobe toolbar is back
again. Is there anything to do about this?
Thanks

--
Danker
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

See http://www.gmayor.com/lose_that_adob...at_toolbar.htm for methods
applicable to all recent Acrobat versions.