Peter

Default removing a tenacious button/menu item

I have a linked pair of menu item and file menu item that I cannot seem to
get rid of. Functionally they shorten the process of printing to my
Paperport program but I don't use them and because they take up space on the
toolbar I could use for other things, I want to get rid of them. I have
tried all the suggestions in the these posts on buttons and file menu items
such as deleting the button in customize and removing the menu item with the
"rearrange" command. I have then saved the new configuration away as a new
normal.dot template (it actually won't let me do that: I have to save as
normal.dot then rname. Have also cleaned out the
c:\programs\microsoft\office\startup folder. But the button/menu items keep
coming back. Any additonal suggestions would be much appreciated.
Anne Troy

Go to Tools--Templates and addins. There's probably a file there, do a
search for it in Windows Explorer and MOVE the sucker.
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"Peter" wrote in message
[...]

Anne Troy

Sorry, Peter. I thought it was a printer; looks more like a doc management
system. I'd be checking with them about it.
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"Peter" wrote in message
[...]

Graham Mayor

You cannot save a document as normal.dot. Rename normal.dot and allow Word
to build a new one.
If the menu items come back, they are undoubtedly provided by a COM add-in.
You may be able to disable the add-in from the host software, or may be able
to choose whether to install the add-in when installing that software
(though that would entail uninstalling first). You may get some ideas for
controlling the toolbar buttons from
http://www.gmayor.com/lose_that_adob...at_toolbar.htm

Peter wrote:
I have a linked pair of menu item and file menu item that I cannot
seem to get rid of. Functionally they shorten the process of
printing to my Paperport program but I don't use them and because
they take up space on the toolbar I could use for other things, I
want to get rid of them. I have tried all the suggestions in the
these posts on buttons and file menu items such as deleting the
button in customize and removing the menu item with the "rearrange"
command. I have then saved the new configuration away as a new
normal.dot template (it actually won't let me do that: I have to save
as normal.dot then rename. Have also cleaned out the
c:\programs\microsoft\office\startup folder. But the button/menu
items keep coming back. Any additional suggestions would be much
appreciated.