Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Munchichic Munchichic is offline

Default Check box form field--choose yes OR no, not both!

Hi Everyone. I have created a form in which the check box form fields were
used to annotate either "yes" or "no" (Example: Yes –¡ No –¡). When
one of these check boxes is checked, I want the other one to not be allowed
to be checked. I just want either of the boxes allowed to be checked. I am
unable to determine how to do this. I've heard that there is a macro for this
but when I try to choose one, this message appears "The macros in this
project are disabled. Please refer to the online help or documentation of the
host applicatio to determine how to enable macros." Obviously I've never used
a macro before and would prefer not to. How do I resolve this issue, and if I
need to use a macro, how do I enable that feature? Any help is greatly
appreciated. Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

See http://word.mvps.org/faqs/tblsfldsfm...FmFldChbxs.htm. Add the
macro to the form template, via the Visual Basic Editor (see
http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm). Then attach the macro to the
form field, which can be done via the Check Box Form Field Options dialog
box; see http://word.mvps.org/faqs/customizat...nTheBlanks.htm (in
particular, see the links to articles by Dian Chapman).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Munchichic" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Check boxes are intended to allow an either/or choice. In this case, your
choice is a simple Yes or No, so it would make much more sense to use a
single check box, with a label that is True or False and let users check the
box or not accordingly.