Triplecee

Default How do I "un-nest" a table from nested tables?

I have a document with 2 or 3 levels of nested tables and I would like to
remove or change one or more of the outer layers back to text.

I can't find any guidance in the Word help files as to how to nest or
un-nest tables.

When you use Table | Convert | Table to Text, you are given the option to
convert nested tables or not. I would guess that if you convert the table
and *don't* convert the nested tables, then you would achieve what you want
(peeling off the outside layer). If there are several layers of nesting,
then you might have to do this more than once.