Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Blanche

Default Can I lock the position of a text box

I am developing letterhead templates, and I need the body of the letter to
always start in the same position, regardless of the number of lines in the
salutation. Is there a way to lock a text box so other users can not move it?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Bill M

Blanche,

Not sure if my answer went through, so am submitting again.

1. Double click the line of the text box.
2. Select the "Layout" tab.
3. Select "Inline with text".
4. Click ok.

This is the same process as setting the properties for an image, to decide
whether you want it to be stationary or not. Just curious, is there a
particular reason you are using a text box here? Sound more you want to
create a form.

Hope the info helps. :-)
--
Bill M

"Blanche" wrote:

I am developing letterhead templates, and I need the body of the letter to
always start in the same position, regardless of the number of lines in the
salutation. Is there a way to lock a text box so other users can not move it?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Blanche

Bill,
I am creating a letterhead template for global distribution, and I need the
body of the letter (independent of the salutation) to start in a specific
point on the page. So I was looking for a way to do this that other users
could not change. Any other thoughts you have would be appreciated.

"Blanche" wrote:

I am developing letterhead templates, and I need the body of the letter to
always start in the same position, regardless of the number of lines in the
salutation. Is there a way to lock a text box so other users can not move it?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Bill M

Blanche,

At worst case, the procedure described earlier will allow you to do it the
way you intended. An alternative might be to put any logo and/or greeting in
the "Header" of the document. That way, it is always there.

1. Select the "View" menu in MS Word.
2. Select "Header and Footer".
3. Place your logo and/or greeting in the header.
4. Set your top margin for how much room you want this header to take up,
and essentially where you want the normal text to begin.
5. Click the "Close" button on the header/footer toolbar.

If you wish to ensure that this header greeting only shows on the first
page, assuming it could go into others, follow this alternate step -AFTER-
step 4 above:

5. Click on the "Page Setup" button on the header/footer toolbar
(alternatively, you could simply access Page Setup from the File menu).
6. Click on the "Layout" tab.
7. Find the section titled "Headers and Footers" and make sure that
"Different first page" is checked.
8. Click the "Close" button on the header/footer toolbar.

Hope this works for you.
--
Bill M