Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Joe McGuire Joe McGuire is offline

Default Autocorrect/Autotext

I would like to use a few abbreviations as a shorthand in a Word template
which is a time sheet, e.g., "cmc" for Case Management Conference, "cc" for
Conference Call. This is simple enough. My question is whether I can limit
this Autocorrection to a particular document/template? The obvious reason
that some things that I want as Autocorrections in my template I would NOT
want changed in other documents, for example "cc" in a letter.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

Only AutoText can be limited to a specific template. AutoCorrect is global
across all of the Office applicatins.

What you can do is create an AutoText entry using "cmc" as the name. Note
you will not see an AutoComplete tip if an AutoText name is shorter than 4
characters so to use it in a document, type the AutoText name, cmc, followed
by F3 to insert it.

Otherwise you'll need something else for your AutoCorrect entries such as
1cc.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/

"Joe McGuire" wrote in message
I would like to use a few abbreviations as a shorthand in a Word template
which is a time sheet, e.g., "cmc" for Case Management Conference, "cc"
for
Conference Call. This is simple enough. My question is whether I can
limit
this Autocorrection to a particular document/template? The obvious reason
that some things that I want as Autocorrections in my template I would NOT
want changed in other documents, for example "cc" in a letter.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

AutoText entries can be limited to specific templates, by saving them in
that template (see the mention of the "Look in" box in step 2 of
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Custom.../AutoText.htm).

AutoCorrect entries can't be limited that way; they're the same for all of
Word (and those that are unformatted entries are the same for all of
Office).

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman