Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Andrew Andrew is offline

Default Hyperlinks on protected forms

Hi folks. So I've tried the above mentioned techniqes, and I'm able to have
hyperlinks which go to other documents in a protected document. I am not
able to have a link to an email address though. When I use the above method,
I am just taken to the top of the page.

Is there a way to have a link to an email address in a protected document?

"Charles Kenyon" wrote:

They can also go to bookmarks that are in unprotected portions of the
document. I doubt that helps you, though.
--

Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Derek Wittman" wrote in message
Thanks, Charles. I was afraid you would confirm that...

Of course, I could change the whole thing to HTML. grrrrr

grin
Derek

"Charles Kenyon" wrote:

In a document protected for forms hyperlinks will only go to the next

form
field or top of the document. The links work to outside documents (that

are
not protected).
--

Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Derek Wittman" wrote in

message
Sue,
I cannot get it to work at all. When I protect my document (not

really a
form, but I use the form protection to keep people from editing it), and

click on the hyperlink, it only goes to the top of the document. That's

not
where I want it to go...

{MacroButton "FollowLink"{HYPERLINK \| "WebApp"}}

is my syntax.

Can you help me out?
Thanks!
Derek
"Sue Carlson" wrote:

This was SO helpful. I tried it and it works. However, I seem to be

the
only one who can get the hyperlinks to work. I have given it to two

other
people to try (one on my network and one e-mailed off the premises), and
nothing happens when they double-click the hyperlinks. The hyperlinks

work
when I double-click them, however. I am hyperlinked to pages within the

same
document. Any ideas?

"Charles Kenyon" wrote:

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFms/HLinksInForms.htm.
--

Charles Kenyon

Intermediate User's Guide to Microsoft Word (supplemented version

of

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Derek Wittman" wrote in
message
Good afternoon,
I'm on Word 2000 on a Windows 2000 machine. I have a document

that
I do
not want changed, or even copy/pasted from read-only. So, I have

made
it a
'form' with no data entry fields and protected the 'form' with a
password.

I also have hyperlinks - some to anchor points internal to the
document,
and some to pages on my company's employee website.

These two things said, the hyperlinks do not work when I have

the
'form'
protected. I really want to leave the document in Word format, if
it's at
all possible. Is there anything I can do within Word to make all

this
work?

Thank you very much in advance!
Derek