amjeso

Default How do I delete built-in styles?

I am trying to create a template to be used by everyone in my dept., and I
want to start with a blank template. As part of that, I want to delete ALL
the available styles in the template, so only our styles are available. How
can I do that?

Jay Freedman

amjeso wrote:
I am trying to create a template to be used by everyone in my dept.,
and I want to start with a blank template. As part of that, I want to
delete ALL the available styles in the template, so only our styles
are available. How can I do that?

Unless all your people have Word 2003, you can't do anything about the
built-in styles. In 2003 you can specify the particular set of styles
(built-in and custom) that users of the template are allowed to apply.

In earlier versions, about the best you can do is create a custom toolbar in
the template that makes it easier to apply the desired styles than to apply
unapproved ones, and do some training so users understand why they should
stick to that set.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman