Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] daviddschool@gmail.com is offline

Default Ho do I set an ENTIRE table height?

I am trying to set the height of a table - I can seem to set the WIDTH
in the TableProperties under the TABLE TAB, but it doesn't have the
height? I know that I can set it with the RESIZING tool in the bottom
right hand corner of the TABLE, but I want to be able to set it with
exact numbers. Any ideas?

Word 2003
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

As you've discovered a table doesn't have a hight property. Its height is
determined by the number of rows, the height of those rows plus any cell
spacing added to it.

If you can paint a more vivid picture of what your objective is perhaps
someone could offer alternatives.
--
Regards |:)
Bob Jones

wrote in message
I am trying to set the height of a table - I can seem to set the WIDTH
in the TableProperties under the TABLE TAB, but it doesn't have the
height? I know that I can set it with the RESIZING tool in the bottom
right hand corner of the TABLE, but I want to be able to set it with
exact numbers. Any ideas?

Word 2003

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

On Mar 26, 1:04 pm, "Jay Freedman" wrote:
wrote:
I am trying to set the height of a table - I can seem to set the WIDTH
in the TableProperties under the TABLE TAB, but it doesn't have the
height? I know that I can set it with the RESIZING tool in the bottom

Ok, that seems entirely crazy to do it that way, but I guess if that
is the case, then so be it. I am using a book on learning Word and it
says 'set the table height to 3 inches', well, I can do it roughly,
but I wanted to set it exactly and wondered why they would only allow
WIDTH exact settings and not the height. Was it just something they
overlooked?

right hand corner of the TABLE, but I want to be able to set it with

exact numbers. Any ideas?

Word 2003

There is no setting for the height of the entire table. There is a setting
for the height of each individual row -- or for all rows at once, if they're
all selected when you enter the dialog -- in Table Table Properties Row.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

What sort of learning-Word book would ask you to do something that
can't be done -- set the height of a table -- and to do it in units
not usually used for a table (whose height is usually measured in
points)?

On Mar 26, 1:27*pm, wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

"grammatim" wrote:

What sort of learning-Word book would ask you to do something that

Word by Dummies

???

table height & width LostDesertGirl Tables 1 January 26th 08 08:29 PM
Table row height Betsy New Users 1 December 7th 06 01:37 PM
Table and row height Beverley Tables 2 October 18th 06 02:14 PM
Freeze row height then put button to view entire cell Graham Smith 450-458-0101 Tables 6 February 27th 06 02:38 PM
Exact table row height Dorci Tables 2 November 10th 05 02:48 AM