Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Thirtysomething Thirtysomething is offline

Default retrieve a hotmail attachment word document that was edited

I received an attachment via my hotmail inbox. I opened it and began a 4 hour
translation. I saved it paragraph by paragraph, now I can't find it. I need
it for Friday evening today it Thursday. Do any of you have an idea of how I
can retrieve this information? I would really appreciate your help, thanks in
advance. When I was saving it, I did not press 'save as' I simply continue to
press the save icon.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

I don't know where Hotmail stores is temporary files, but it *may* be
possible to recover your changes. See if
http://www.gmayor.com/outlook_attachments.htm provides some clues.

You should never open Word attachments directly from e-mail, though Office
2007 has introduced some safeguards that make this less inadvisable.

Thirtysomething wrote:
I received an attachment via my hotmail inbox. I opened it and began
a 4 hour translation. I saved it paragraph by paragraph, now I can't
find it. I need it for Friday evening today it Thursday. Do any of
you have an idea of how I can retrieve this information? I would
really appreciate your help, thanks in advance. When I was saving it,
I did not press 'save as' I simply continue to press the save icon.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans Tony Jollans is offline

You should never work on attachmets straight from e-mail. You should save
them to your hard drive first and work on them from there.

It would have been copied (by your e-mail client) to a temporary file and
deleted by its housekeeping, If you still have the machine running and the
e-mail client open there is a slight possibility the (amended) file still
exists in the temporary location. I know nothing of hotmail but if you used
Outlook to receive the mail from there, recent versions create temporary
folders called OLK.... somewhere in your Temporary Internet Folders.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"Thirtysomething" wrote in